Current Position: 10 25.727’S 105 40.010’E; Local Timezone: UTC+7; SOG: 0 kt; COG: N/A; TWS: 19 kt; TWD: 135; Distance to Waypoint (Christmas Island): At Anchor; Total Miles Sailed: 11071 nm; Engine Hours: 242; Estimate Fuel: 60+15+50;
Comments: The swell rocked the boat violently during the night as the weather front that will delay my departure continues to push through. This is the last day I will have the car, so will finish moving fuel and provisions. I am not sure yet whether I will do laundry as it has been raining almost constantly and I may not have a chance to dry the clothes before departing. I radioed the ABF and arranged to meet them at 9 tomorrow to get my outgoing documents. After one last shower, the weather started clearing up. Heard from Mike on White Malkin at 10:00. He is 620 nm from CI and on his was to the Cocos. Today was a day for multitasking. While the laundry was washing, I went to the table store, provisioned, and filled the diesel Jerry cans. After taking everything back to the boat and hanging the laundry out to dry, I went to the Chinese restraint, had lunch, ordered takeout for the passage, stopped by the Grotto for one last dip in the cool water, filled the truck with diesel and the portable gas tank for the dinghy with gasoline, took the food and fuel back to the dinghy, and dropped off the truck. It is 14:30 and I have finished my punch list for today. I still need to put stuff away, but the plan it to leave for the Cocos tomorrow about noon. I took one last dive about 16:00. Having trouble with my snorkel … the valve is sticking and it is hard to breathe. Saw a Giant Travally (GT) just below the boat. Going to get up early to ready the boat, get my last hot shower for the next six weeks, stop by the store and picup a few things, then meet the ABF at 9 tomorrow get my paperwork. Hope to be sailing by 10. Heard from Ertan at 15:00. He’s 600 nm from the Cocos. I expect Ertan will reach the Cocos Saturday, the same day I do. Mike will probably be a couple of days behind us.
Comments: The swell rocked the boat violently during the night as the weather front that will delay my departure continues to push through. This is the last day I will have the car, so will finish moving fuel and provisions. I am not sure yet whether I will do laundry as it has been raining almost constantly and I may not have a chance to dry the clothes before departing. I radioed the ABF and arranged to meet them at 9 tomorrow to get my outgoing documents. After one last shower, the weather started clearing up. Heard from Mike on White Malkin at 10:00. He is 620 nm from CI and on his was to the Cocos. Today was a day for multitasking. While the laundry was washing, I went to the table store, provisioned, and filled the diesel Jerry cans. After taking everything back to the boat and hanging the laundry out to dry, I went to the Chinese restraint, had lunch, ordered takeout for the passage, stopped by the Grotto for one last dip in the cool water, filled the truck with diesel and the portable gas tank for the dinghy with gasoline, took the food and fuel back to the dinghy, and dropped off the truck. It is 14:30 and I have finished my punch list for today. I still need to put stuff away, but the plan it to leave for the Cocos tomorrow about noon. I took one last dive about 16:00. Having trouble with my snorkel … the valve is sticking and it is hard to breathe. Saw a Giant Travally (GT) just below the boat. Going to get up early to ready the boat, get my last hot shower for the next six weeks, stop by the store and picup a few things, then meet the ABF at 9 tomorrow get my paperwork. Hope to be sailing by 10. Heard from Ertan at 15:00. He’s 600 nm from the Cocos. I expect Ertan will reach the Cocos Saturday, the same day I do. Mike will probably be a couple of days behind us.
