{"id":2127,"date":"2025-11-15T16:03:10","date_gmt":"2025-11-15T16:03:10","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/aegir-ran.com\/?p=2127"},"modified":"2025-11-15T16:03:56","modified_gmt":"2025-11-15T16:03:56","slug":"check-in-november-15-2025-1600-utc","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"https:\/\/aegir-ran.com\/index.php\/2025\/11\/15\/check-in-november-15-2025-1600-utc\/","title":{"rendered":"Check-in November 15, 2025; 16:00 UTC"},"content":{"rendered":"<div class=\"postie-post\">Current Position: 33 01.449S 27 53.911\u2019E; Timezone: UTC+2; SOG: 0; COG: N\/A; TWS: 10; TWD: 220; Current Speed, 0.2 kt; Current Direction, 90 Distance to Waypoint (East London): At Anchor; Total Miles Sailed: 15914 nm; Engine Hours: 324; Estimate Fuel: 51+15+50;<br \/>\nComments: It is 17:40, almost sundown and nearly 7h since I set the anchor the last time. The wind has finally settled down, blowing 12 kt from the E (at least the apparent wind direction). It is clear now from Anchor Watch that the anchor has not been dragged in the last 7h. I am sitting almost exactly (within 10\u2019) of where I \u201cdropped\u201d the anchor in the app. I am still seeing some gusts to near 20, but nowhere near the 30+ kt winds of this afternoon. The cargo ship One Mission arrived outside the harbor at 19:00. Port Control informed them the pilot and tugs would bring them in tomorrow morning. Until then, they would drift. This must be the car carrier. It is bigger than the other one, almost 1000\u2019. At around 23:00 the wind started to shift from N to SW and the boat swung 180 degrees on anchor. The wind is light now, probably less than 10 kt, but it is due to increase to the low 20s with gusts in the low 30s by dawn, in other words the same wind strength but in the opposite direction. I won\u2019t know if the anchor is going to hold (after being spun around) until the wind picks up. However, I suspect the anchorage is better shelter from the SW than the NE (as the latter blows straight up the entrance of the harbor). It is 2:15 and the boat is still moving. By 3:30 the boat had stopped moving. I woke at 5:00. The ship MV Yasa Canary (630\u2019) was told by Port Control to be at the \u201cpilot control station\u201d at 6:00. The pilot and tugs will be sent out soon. I have not been asked to move, even though I am much closer to where the ship docks that I was last time I was told to move. The wind is light right now. The pilot Tristan Tern left to meet the ship at 6:15. The tugs Kganya and Lentswe left about 6:25. The two tugs were attached to the ship differently than they were to the Talia, both on the port side of the ship. They will turn the vessel around in the basin and back her in as before. I am just a stones throw from where the stern of the Talia was \u2026 so we\u2019ll see how this goes. The pilot returned at 6:45. The MV Yasa Canary looks very different than the Tristan did \u2026 more like a conventional cargo ship. It is being turned around in the basin at 6:50. Perhaps I am mistaken about this ship being here to take the cars. I can see now that the MV Yasa Canary is being placed closer to the mouth of the harbor, where the tanker was when I arrived. I am confused because there was a different ship, One Mission, outside the harbor last night, and they were told they would be brought in this morning. That vessel is no longer waiting. The stronger wind gusts began to arrive about 7:00. I contacted Port Control. It seems the vessel that will be picking up the cars will not arrive until Sunday night or Monday, so I may not have to move. I now think the cars were moved early because it is the weekend. I have created a series of waypoints for the passage to Haut Bay: HB1 (33 20.935s 28 05.431e), HB2 (34 08.4425s 26 51.418e), HB3 (35 29.568s 23 51.418e), HB4 (36 23.085s 22 06.734e), HB5 (34 59.383s 18 27.221e), HB6 (34 08.951s 18.18251e), and HB7 (34 04.348 18 20.854e). HB1-HB2 is down the E coast in the current until the dip into PE. HB2-HB3 is continuing in the current until a point where I will need to commit to the rest of the route to Haut Bay or bail for Mossel Bay. HB3-HB4 continues with the current (which may be necessary if as predicted there is no wind N of me). HB4-HB5 is the cut across from the current to the W coast. HB5-HB6 is up the W coast. HB6-HB7 is the short stretch into Haut Bay. The main decision points are HB2 (bail to PE) and HB3 (bail to MB) and whether to cut across at HB4 or HB5. It is noon and as I suspected the terrain is doing a good job blocking the wind, which is 8-10 with gusts of 15 from the SW instead of the predicted 12-23 with gusts of 30. The afternoon was uneventful (anchor-wise), so I went ashore, got cleaned up, returned the key and paid my bill, and filled some water bottles. When I got back to the boat I began to prepare the deck (loaded the RIB, ran jack lines, etc.).<\/div>\n","protected":false},"excerpt":{"rendered":"<p>Current Position: 33 01.449S 27 53.911\u2019E; Timezone: UTC+2; SOG: 0; COG: N\/A; TWS: 10; TWD: 220; Current Speed, 0.2 kt; Current Direction, 90 Distance to Waypoint (East London): At Anchor; Total Miles Sailed: 15914 nm; Engine Hours: 324; Estimate Fuel: 51+15+50; Comments: It is 17:40, almost sundown and nearly 7h since I set the anchor &hellip; <\/p>\n<p class=\"link-more\"><a href=\"https:\/\/aegir-ran.com\/index.php\/2025\/11\/15\/check-in-november-15-2025-1600-utc\/\" class=\"more-link\">Continue reading<span class=\"screen-reader-text\"> &#8220;Check-in November 15, 2025; 16:00 UTC&#8221;<\/span><\/a><\/p>\n","protected":false},"author":1,"featured_media":0,"comment_status":"open","ping_status":"open","sticky":false,"template":"","format":"standard","meta":{"_monsterinsights_skip_tracking":false,"_monsterinsights_sitenote_active":false,"_monsterinsights_sitenote_note":"","_monsterinsights_sitenote_category":0,"jetpack_post_was_ever_published":false,"_jetpack_newsletter_access":"","_jetpack_dont_email_post_to_subs":false,"_jetpack_newsletter_tier_id":0,"_jetpack_memberships_contains_paywalled_content":false,"_jetpack_memberships_contains_paid_content":false,"footnotes":"","jetpack_publicize_message":"","jetpack_publicize_feature_enabled":true,"jetpack_social_post_already_shared":true,"jetpack_social_options":{"image_generator_settings":{"template":"highway","enabled":false},"version":2}},"categories":[19],"tags":[],"class_list":["post-2127","post","type-post","status-publish","format-standard","hentry","category-captainslog"],"jetpack_publicize_connections":[],"jetpack_featured_media_url":"","jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"jetpack_likes_enabled":false,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/aegir-ran.com\/index.php\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts\/2127","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/aegir-ran.com\/index.php\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/aegir-ran.com\/index.php\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/post"}],"author":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/aegir-ran.com\/index.php\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/users\/1"}],"replies":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/aegir-ran.com\/index.php\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/comments?post=2127"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/aegir-ran.com\/index.php\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts\/2127\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/aegir-ran.com\/index.php\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=2127"}],"wp:term":[{"taxonomy":"category","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/aegir-ran.com\/index.php\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/categories?post=2127"},{"taxonomy":"post_tag","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/aegir-ran.com\/index.php\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/tags?post=2127"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}